Job Title: Account Executive
Location: Detroit, MI area
Type of Position: Full Time, Exempt
Our Account Executives make great things happen. They are responsible for supporting the company and its clients with marketing strategies and services in the automotive, heavy-duty, tech, mobility and consumer goods industries. The position is client-driven, with responsibilities focusing mainly on the support of servicing client accounts. You will be focused on understanding the client’s goals, then collaborating with the agency’s creative and account teams to produce stellar marketing communications programs and campaigns.
- Managing day-to-day client relationships and projects
- Participate in the development of integrated marketing strategies for clients, that leverage digital-, technology-, and creative-focused agency offerings
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to understand their needs
- Collaborate with MBE Group account team members – including Account Directors, Account Coordinators, Assistant Account Executives, creative and digital team members, or other team members as required in order to complete projects
- Support other client accounts, creative teams, leadership and other AEs as needed
- Coordinate meetings, various office needs/activities, spreadsheets, presentations, reports, etc.
- Conduct and manage research/competitive reviews – social media competitive reviews, web reviews, advertisements, general media/clip gathering, etc.
- Write and edit content for web, ads, eNewsletters, etc.
- Manage social media platforms for agency and clients – writing, posting, digging for content (client dependent)
- Help organize and support news conferences and events
- Execute media planning for clients, including monthly program management and ad placement
- Support MBE Group marketing activities
- Proofread client and company materials for other AEs’ clients
- Some travel (up to 20%) is required
- Networking – both local and at out-of-town events – and establishing relationships with potential client and media contacts in relevant industries and market segments
- PUBLIC RELATIONS:
- Write copy for client news releases and content creation for editorial articles, social, websites, ads, eNewsletters, etc.
- Work within PR distribution system to distribute client news releases, maintain media database and establish distribution lists
- Establish and maintain relationships with key media members and outlets
- Conduct editorial outreach to pitch and secure editorial opportunities for clients
- Annual review of key media editorial calendars, creating editorial plans for each client
- Create monthly and/or quarterly PR summaries and overview presentation slides (PowerPoint/PDF), recapping client work for the period
- Plan, organize and support client news conferences and other events
- Support the sales team with the development of sales presentations and proposals for current and potential clients
- Participate in sales-related pitches
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4-6 years of experience
- Experience in managing accounts and developing and managing campaigns
- Writing skills required: Public relations, advertising or newswriting
- Knowledge of AP writing style
- Social media platform knowledge
- Knowledge of integrated marketing practices
- Excellence in organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail and time management
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to articulate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the automotive, performance and trucking industries is a plus
- Knowledge about automotive parts and accessories, and motorsports is a plus
- Familiarity with industry media, associations and events is a plus
- Minimum BS/BA in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
ABOUT MBE GROUP
Marx Buscemi Eisbrenner (MBE) Group has offices in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and San Rafael, California, and more than 65 affiliates around the world, delivering strategic marketing communications programs to help B2B and B2C clients drive sales, increase market share and grow their businesses. We partner with companies in the automotive, mobility, trucking, tech and consumer goods industries.
Fueled by passion, knowledge and decades of experience, our dynamic team connects with clients to help them amplify their brands, stay ahead of the competition and solve problems from every angle.
With a heritage of more than 35 years in business, MBE Group was formed through the merger of California-based Marx Group and Michigan-based Eisbrenner Public Relations in 2019.
Salary commensurate with experience
Exceptional benefits, including health, flexible vacation policy, flexible work schedule and 401k matching plan.